For Your (Weekend) Consideration

If you're reading this, I'm somewhere in New England having a ball!  I flew up to Boston yesterday and today we're off to Portland, Maine for a high school friend's bachelorette party.  It should be a very fun weekend and I'll likely get an ab workout from all of the laughing.

Ok, this was sort of a terrible week for humanity, so let's just get right into it.

The death of Mike Brown.

The militarization of the police force.

The arrests of reporters.

A man on reddit has been keeping a live feed of all the news coming out of Ferguson.  It is horrific, yet shows the power that social media can have when traditional media has been blocked out.

One of the most terrifying things I've ever read.

I have mixed feelings about The Giver as a movie, but Lois Lowry is still wonderful.

Ever been catcalled?  This video is SPOT ON.

Maisie Williams aka Arya Stark makes me feel really, really old.

Robin Williams' death really hit me.  And that's ok.

Alright, let's hope the weekend is better than the week was. Have fun and be kind!

Comments

Popular Posts